Last updated on September 21st, 2022 at 09:29 am
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I might earn a small commission if you click on the link to make a purchase but it doesn’t cost you anything. Thanks for your support!
Oh hey there. My name is Nicole, the creator of the blog Watercolour Marks.
Watercolour Marks might sound strange for a blog since it’s not related to the watercolour art form but there’s a reason behind my blog name.
This is my first blog post ever so it’s pretty special.
As a celebration, I’m doing 50 facts about me.
I love reading these as a reader on other blogs so why not take this opportunity for people to get to know me a little better.
Let’s get started!
1) My favourite dog breed is golden retrievers. Dogs are cool and all but golden retrievers are on a whole new level
2) I absolutely adore the Japanese character, Cinnamoroll (he comes from the same family as Hello Kity and My Melody). I’m always buying Cinnamoroll stationery at cute gift stores in Hong Kong
3) I listen to different kinds of music (Kpop, Top 40, Country, Chinese music, Broadway, etc)
4) When I lived in North America, most of my stuff is from Winners/Marshall’s (shoes, bags, clothes, etc). Ever since I moved back to Hong Kong, however, I mostly shop at Korean inspired affordable clothing stores
5) My favourite colour is blue
6) I can’t ride a bike
7) If given a choice, I usually write in pencil. There’s something so final about writing with a pen. I know there’s white-out but isn’t an eraser more convenient?
8) I’m a picky eater
9) My go-to beverage is water
10) I don’t like red meat that much. I’ll have beef and pork sometimes but I prefer chicken and seafood more
11) I don’t like coffee or alcohol
12) I want to live in California and Japan one day (not at the same time of course)
13) Some places I want to visit that I’ve never been to include: Osaka, Moscow, Athens, Nashville, Savannah, San Francisco
14) I don’t really like having pictures of me taken. I think it’s a family thing. A lot of people in my family don’t like selfies or have their photos taken
15) I want to write a teen fiction book one day
16) I’m a night owl
17) Listening to slow, sad music at night is my thing
18) I always wear gloves when washing the dishes (gotta protect your hands)
19) I absolutely hate it when my hair is greasy and wash my hair every other morning. I can’t stand to start my day with greasy hair (I also have frizzy hair which sucks)
20) I love shopping at preloved designer platforms. Hello Vestiaire Collective!
21) I listen to mostly female singers
22) When I’m at home, I’m almost always hugging a pillow
23) The longest house/apartment I’ve ever stayed at is 5 years
24) I don’t have a middle name
25) I like having deep, meaningful conversations
26) Out of all my friends, I’m the one that stays home the most
27) You’ll almost always see me with my earphones in when I’m out walking on the street
28) I don’t know much about makeup. I would like to learn and people tell me I can watch YouTube videos but I would like someone to teach me the techniques for Korean-style makeup
30) I never go to bed without washing my face and brushing my teeth
31) I try not to take myself too seriously (I laugh easily and at my own jokes)
32) In high school, I used to put Vaseline on my face as a moisturizer (Yeah..don’t do that)
33) If there is a choice between putting the window blinds up or closing them, I would almost always choose to close them even if it’s daylight
34) I don’t know if I want kids. People always tell me I’ll change my mind when I get older or when I meet the right person. We’ll see
35) One of my biggest regrets is not choosing Reebok as my first co-op. Instead, I chose a financial services company. I think about how my life would be different if I chose otherwise but I guess we’ll never know right?
36) I’m fascinated by human behaviour, especially how our childhood affects our adult life
37) When people ask me what American TV shows I like to watch, I get flustered because I’m pretty sure I only watched Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl from start to finish. I rarely watch American TV shows
38) In terms of room temperature, I will always prefer cold rather than hot
39) Something I want to do is to go to every Disneyland/Disneyworld out there
40) I can be affectionate with my family and friends. It depends on the person though
42) I wish I can wear pyjamas all the time. That’s the first thing I change into when I get home. It’s an easy self-love activity.
43) I order takeout way more than I should. I’m trying to order less on delivery service apps and cook more
44) I’m not a very good cook
45) I’m not the biggest fan of vegetables and fruits. I should eat more of those
46) My favourite types of cookies are chewy and thick chocolate chip cookies
47) I love fuzzy socks. I wear them at home a lot
48) I’m not a hoarder. Having too many things actually overwhelms me
50) I don’t like to be asked about my family. I’ll talk about them here and there but I don’t like it when people ask. Not sure why
Final Thoughts – 50 Facts About Me
I’m not going to lie.
I thought that thinking of 50 facts about me wouldn’t be hard but it took me a while.
Whenever there are moments I have to share fun facts about myself, I never know what to say. Now that I have a 50 facts about me list, I have plenty to say.
Once my blog is more established, I will do a 50 facts about me part two.
Feel free to also check out my about me page.
Now to You
What’s a fun fact about you?
Let me know in the comments down below!