Last updated on January 20th, 2024 at 03:12 am
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I might earn a small commission if you click on the link to make a purchase but it doesn’t cost you anything. Thanks for your support!
Oh hey there. My name is Nicole, the creator of the blog Watercolour Marks.
Watercolour Marks might sound strange for a blog since it’s not related to the watercolour art form but there’s a reason behind my blog name.
This is my first blog post ever so it’s pretty special.
As a celebration, I’m doing 50 facts about me.
I love reading these as a reader on other blogs so why not take this opportunity for people to get to know me a little better.
Let’s get started!
1) My favourite dog breed is golden retrievers. Dogs are cool and all but golden retrievers are on a whole new level
2) I spend too much of my money on cute stationery. I absolutely adore two Japanese characters, Cinnamoroll (he comes from the same family as Hello Kity and My Melody) and Peko Chan. I’m always buying stationery at cute gift stores in Hong Kong with their faces on it
3) Music is a big part of my life. You’ll almost always see me with my earphones in when I’m out walking on the street
4) I listen to different kinds of music (Kpop, Top 40, Country, Chinese music, Broadway, etc)
5) I listen to mostly female singers
6) Listening to slow, sad music at night is my vibe
7) I’m fascinated by human behaviour, especially how our childhood affects our adult life
8) When people ask me what TV shows I like to watch, I get flustered because I’m pretty sure I only watched Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl from start to finish. I rarely watch Western TV shows
10) I try to travel at least 2-3 times a year
11) I daydream about travelling all the time
12) When I lived in North America, most of my stuff was from Winners/Marshall’s. This includes shoes, bags, clothes, etc. Ever since I moved back to Hong Kong, however, I mostly shop at Korean-inspired affordable clothing stores
13) I wish I could wear pyjamas all the time. The first thing I do is change into my PJs. Even when I have a bad day, changing into my PJs always helps improve my mood immediately
14) I love fuzzy socks. I wear them at home all the time but take them off when I’m sleeping
15) Out of all my friends, I’m the one who stays home the most
16) I’m a night owl. Joining the 5 am club sounds good in theory but I prefer staying up late to get that peace and quiet
17) I’m not a hoarder. Having too many things overwhelms me. As much as I love to shop, it also brings me joy to throw things out
18) I want to write a teen fiction book one day
19) Something I want to do is to go to every Disneyland/Disneyworld out there
20) Some places I want to visit that I’ve never been to include: Moscow, Athens, Nashville, Savannah, San Francisco
21) I want to live in California, Italy and Japan one day (not at the same time of course)
22) I don’t like red meat as much as chicken and seafood
23) Vegetables over fruits all the way
24) I don’t like coffee or alcohol
25) My go-to beverage is water
26) I’m not a very good cook
27) I order takeout way more than I should. I’m trying to order less on delivery service apps and cook more
28) My favourite type of dessert is a chewy cookie. I like chewy, warm, and thick chocolate chip or Funfetti cookies.
I’m not trying to say I’m quirky but this section is things people might find odd/unusual about me.
29) I always wear gloves when washing the dishes. Gotta protect your hands
30) When I’m at home, I’m almost always hugging a pillow
31) I like using duvets and duvets only
32) My bed sheets are always white
33) If there is a choice between putting the window blinds up or closing them, I would almost always choose to close them even if it’s during the day time
34) I don’t have a middle name
35) In terms of room temperature, I will always prefer cold rather than hot
36) I can’t ride a bike
37) If given a choice, I usually write in pencil. There’s something so final about writing with a pen. I know there’s white-out but isn’t an eraser more convenient?
38) I don’t really like having pictures of me taken. I think it’s a family thing. A lot of people in my family don’t like selfies or have their photos taken either
39) I try not to take myself too seriously (I laugh easily and at my own jokes)
40) I can be affectionate with my family and friends. It depends on the person though
41) It’s difficult for me to trust people. I only have a few close friends. Although I’m always open to meeting new people especially if they’re my age, the people I truly trust are only a select few
42) I don’t know if I want kids. People always tell me I’ll change my mind when I get older or when I meet the right person. We’ll see
43) I never go to bed without washing my face and brushing my teeth
45) In high school, I used to put Vaseline on my face as a moisturizer. Yeah..don’t do that…
47) I have frizzy hair, which sucks
48) I absolutely hate it when my hair is greasy so I wash my hair every other morning. I can’t stand to start my day with greasy hair
49) I love shopping at preloved designer platforms. Bags and wallets are my weakness. Hello Vestiaire Collective!
50) I don’t know much about makeup. I would like to learn and people tell me I can watch YouTube videos but I would like someone to teach me the techniques for Korean-style makeup
Final Thoughts – 50 Facts About Me
I’m not going to lie.
I thought that thinking of 50 facts about me wouldn’t be hard but it took me a while.
Whenever there are moments I have to share fun facts about myself, I never know what to say. Now, I can refer back to this list in the future whenever I need to.
Feel free to also check out my about me page.
Now to You
What’s a fun fact about you?
Let me know in the comments down below!